Workers Compensation

If you've experienced a work-related injury, you may be eligible for compensation, including income support, medical expenses, and a lumpsum

If you’ve experienced a work-related physical or psychological injury, you may be eligible for compensation. In South Australia, navigating this process involves two primary options: the state-based Return to Work system or the Federal Comcare scheme. Both schemes offer rights and entitlements for work-related injuries or illnesses. We specialise particularly in the Return-to-Work system.

Understanding Return to Work

Return to Work (formerly known as WorkCover) is a vital component of South Australia’s workers’ compensation landscape. Some local companies manage claims internally as self-insured entities, adhering to state-based workers’ compensation legislation.

For those injured before July 1, 2015, you may be covered by the previous system. For personalized advice, consult with us.

Who is Eligible for a Return to Work Claim

Return to Work SA extends coverage to various workers, including full-time, part-time, casual, casual labor hire, and, in certain cases, contractors and the self-employed. It’s crucial to determine whether Comcare or Return to Work SA covers your situation.

The claims process can be intricate. Seek assistance from Doconade Lawyers to understand your rights and entitlements.

Injured at Work? What Can You Claim?

A workplace injury could entitle you to various compensations, including workers’ compensation benefits, medical and rehabilitation expenses, lump sum compensation for non-economic loss, lump sum compensation for economic loss and, in specific cases, Common Law damages.

Time Sensitivity in Claims

Report any work injury to your employer promptly, even if you don’t need to lodge a claim immediately. A Workers’ Compensation claim must be submitted within six months of the disability arising or being diagnosed.

For Common Law damages, the claim must be lodged within three years of the event causing your injuries. If under 18 at the time of the accident, the three-year limit starts at turning 18.

Rejected? We Can help

If your claim is rejected, you have 1 month to inform the insurer of your intent to seek reconsideration. Act swiftly if you disagree with decisions regarding your claim or entitlements. We can help lodge a dispute of the decision, and if the decision is taking too long.

Doconade Lawyers Can Help

At Doconade, our lawyers specialize in compensation claims.

At Doconade, we specialise in compensation claims!

Recognising financial constraints, we offer a ‘no win, no fee’ deferred arrangement for most claims. This means no legal fees unless your claim succeeds.

Get a free, no-obligation initial consultation now!

Our Blogs

personal injury lawyer
Public Liability

If you’ve been hurt due to someone else’s negligence in a public or private space, you may deserve compensation through a public liability claim

Learn more »
personal imjury claim adelaide lawyer
Childhood Abuse

If you are a survivor of childhood abuse, we understand that no amount of compensation can erase the pain you’ve endured. Our commitment is to offer support and assist you in seeking the justice you rightfully deserve

Learn more »
Medical compensation claim lawyer
Medical Negligence Claims

Medical negligence, often referred to as medical malpractice, occurs when the duty of care owed to a patient by a healthcare professional or institution is breached, leading to the patient suffering injury, loss, or damage as a result

Learn more »

Our Innovations

Our Blogs

Explore legal insights, news, and useful tips for daily life


Self-book your appointment in office or video conferences

We can help!

Scroll to Top

Request a Call Back